Last evening, the PTA's from Freedom Elementary and Mountain Ridge Junior High School sponsored a debate between all the candidates running for city council and the Mayor's office. It was moderated by John Dougall, our State Representative. The issues were many, including roads, budgeting & city debt, East-West corridor, Noise Ordinance, making Highland more business friendly, access to the minutes of city council, and finally the meeting between the city administrator and 2 members of the city council just prior to public meetings.
If you missed the debate, you have another opportunity on October 22 at Highland City Hall at 7:00 p.m. If you would like to submit questions for the debate, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (Highland city states that that cannot guarantee that all questions can be addressed). Last evening, there were questions that were duplicates, and thus not all were used.
If you wish to know who the candidates are and how to contact them, please see the following:
- Lynn Ritchie: http://www.ritchieformayor.com/, email@example.com
- Jay Franson : Franson.Jay.firstname.lastname@example.org
City Council Candidates:
- Scott L Smith: email@example.com
- Brent Wallace: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roger Dixon: email@example.com
- Tom Butler: http://www.tombutler2009.com/, firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved...become knowledgeable......be a part of the community. Savor this great privilege the we have as Citizen's of this great country, state, and city.